Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Indie Spotlight - Pipe Dream Polish

Over the past year, my love for nail polish has grown tremendously. I owe this entirely to Instagram. I know, sounds funny, right? But there's an amazing nail community on Instagram, and through these amazing women (and some men!), I've discovered my love for indie polish. What is indie polish? Well, besides my newest obsession, it's nail polish hand-mixed independently by a small company/individual person. Usually the latter. Normal, everyday people that have a regular 9-5 day job, or families to look after. They create some of the most beautiful and unique polishes out there, all from a spare bedroom or down in their basement. I truly do admire them.

I've decided to spotlight various indie brands that I own, and share swatches and reviews of their wonderful products. You never know - someone out there may stumble upon this blog and fall in love with indies, just like I did!

Today I'm featuring Pipe Dream Polish. Pipe Dream was started in the early part of 2013 by April Sampson. I own 7 of her beautiful creations, with many more sitting pretty on my wishlist. I'm featuring 4 of the polishes from her Glitterandom collection, which was released in January of this year. Let's go!

First up - Rhythm And Blues

pipe dream polish rhythm and blues

pipe dream polish rhythm and blues

pipe dream polish rhythm and blues

pipe dream polish rhythm and blues

pipe dream polish rhythm and blues

pipe dream polish rhythm and blues

This is the prettiest blue glitter polish I have ever laid my eyes on....ever. It's stunning! It's a squishy blue jelly polish. packed full of holographic glitters. It was opaque in 2 coats. This is tied for my favorite out of the 4 polishes I have from this collection, although all of them are gorgeous. This is 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat. YOU. NEED. THIS. POLISH.

Up next is Flushed Pink:

pipe dream polish flushed pink

pipe dream polish flushed pink

pipe dream polish flushed pink

pipe dream polish flushed pink

pipe dream polish flushed pink

pipe dream polish flushed pink

Flushed Pink is a vivid fuchsia pink jelly with tons of holographic glitter throughout. Just like Rhythm And Blues, it was super opaque in two coats. This polish is the definition of Barbie fingers! So girly and bright, it's going to look great on my toes this summer. This is 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.

Next is Born To The Purple:

pipe dream polish born to the purple

pipe dream polish born to the purple

pipe dream polish born to the purple

pipe dream polish born to the purple

pipe dream polish born to the purple

pipe dream polish born to the purple

This polish reminds me of grape jelly! It's a beautiful purple jelly polish with tons of holographic glitters. Again, perfectly opaque in two thin coats. I think purple tends to look odd on me, but this was gorgeous. I couldn't stop wiggling my fingers in the light. This is 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.

Finally, I have Empyrean:


pipe dream polish empyrean

pipe dream polish empyrean

pipe dream polish empyrean

pipe dream polish empyrean

pipe dream polish empyrean

pipe dream polish empyrean

Do you see the gorgeousness that is Empyrean?! Ahhh!! This is my other favorite! Empyrean is a stunning black jelly filled with silver, red, fuchsia and holographic glitters! It's PERFECT! This is 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat. GO GET THIS!!!

Like I said before, I own 7 of April's gorgeous polishes, and all of them apply smoothly and evenly. The colors and glitter combinations are impeccable, and I seriously wouldn't mind owning every single one she's made. Yes, please, twist my arm! Below is Pipe Dream's information. Go and support indie makers!

Pipe Dream Store - HERE
Pipe Dream Facebook - HERE
Pipe Dream Instagram - HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment